Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Blog, damn you, blog

My wife is an avid blogger and is astounded that over the last decade I haven't taken to blogging on an active and consistent basis. With all the time I spend posting stuff on the internet and generally yammering about myself in real life, blogging would seem like a perfect fit for me. But for whatever reason I've never gotten the hang of it. I like other people's blogs. They always look so much more "professional" than my lame attemps and I figure they must be wizards or something. When I have tried my hand at this form of communication in the past I've always looked at the results and thought, "Okay that doesn't LOOK like a blog! Blogs have clever headline fonts and cool pictures and... I dunno. Links and stuff.

None of that is beyond my technical ability, it's just I've never rolled up my sleeves and gotten under the hood with the templates because why bother when I don't have any content. So I don't create content because I'm underwhelmed with the "look" and I don't work on the "look" because I don't have any content.

Yes, this is ridiculous series of excuses not to blog. I know that. Fortunately blogging is an incredibly optonal activity for the vast, vast majority of us. so I guess in the spirit of just shutting up and doing it, I'll periodically post word farts like this until I get into a groove with it. No one's reading, so why not?


No comments:

Post a Comment