Saturday, January 4, 2014

Looking back at old work

My first attempt to write an MG novel was a couple years ago. I hardly showed it to anyone, and the one agent who did read it had helpful feedback and offered to read the rewrite. All very promising. At the time I got legitimately sidelined by a bunch of stuff good and bad (good = a new writing gig, bad = my father's ongoing health issues) and it has sat on the hard drive ever since. Yes, that's a series of excuses, I know that. We always find time to do the things that are most important to us. But I think the couple years away from it really clarified my opinions of the work and I'm actually much more proud of it now than I was back then. So if I am fortunate enough to have a literary agent I have a second book ready to show as well. I'm not a big fan of the expression "Everything happens for a reason," but in this case I'll allow it.


Not much of a blog post but at least I'm not prattling on about my mid-life crisis for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment